Windows to our World

Sunday, September 25

Pumpkin Festival


We went to a Pumpkin Festival this weekend and had the most wonderful Pumpkin Soup ever! So many things have changed in the past 11 years that I've lived here. When I first arrived, I could hardly find ANY pumpkins at all - and now several years later, we are attending a festival in their honor! Fantastic! The Swiss make wonderful soup, but I won't give up my American Pumpkin Pie recipe for anyone! I still need to make homemade pumpkin puree because canned pumpkin is still hard to come by.

The festival was lots of fun with huge stacks of hay for the kids to climb on, pumpkins to carve, everything pumpkin to taste including chutneys and jams, a cornstalk labyrinth, and lots of smiles to go round! The weather couldn't have been better!

See more pictures!

Fantastic Pumpkin Soup
Cut pumpkin into chunks and remove any seeds. Place in a pot with a little water and some chopped onion and garlic. Cook until soft. Add some water and puree. Add vegetable broth, salt and pepper, some curry and cook for a short time. When done, add a little Vermouth and some cream. Yum!

The farm recommends the Orange Knirps Pumpkin for soup!

1 Comments:

At September 29, 2005, Blogger Jan said...

Wow...I've always wanted a pumpkin soup recipe. I'm going to try it. The vermouth sounds like it'll add a nice touch. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home