Windows to our World

Tuesday, September 6

Summer Has Returned

Summer is back in full force after a few weeks hiatus! I really thought the cool days of Autumn were already here when the warm weather and beautiful blue skies returned! Yippee! Summer is my favorite season. I love warm summer nights and sleeping with the windows open. The birds are singing and butterflies and flowers are everywhere!

Yesterday we rode our bicycles to the public pool where we met up with Melissa and her family. It was a big day for us because Connor learned to swim! Okay, so he can't breathe and swim at the same time yet, but he can swim under water! We are so proud of him.

This morning Tobias walked to school after a long weekend and Connor is staying home with me due to a cold he caught. I will be meeting my friend, Sharon (originally from Canada), for a coffee at Starbucks and some shopping at the new LUSH store in Basel. I've never heard of LUSH, but it is high up there on Sharon's favorite's list. Sounds something like the Body Shop, but more intense! Consider the Banana Moon Soap: "One of the things that irritates us just slightly is when we're not having a good day is that it's perfectly legal to call something banana soap when it doesn't have any bananas in it, but merely a dab of synthetic banana fragrance. Our banana soap has lots of fresh bananas in it; we mash them up, mix them with yoghurt, soap flakes and essential oils and make a truly bananafied, moisturizing soap that smells of bananas because it's full of them." Yum!

1 Comments:

At September 08, 2005, Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Seriously, you can make your own soap from bananas or did I misunderstand? I've never heard of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home