Windows to our World

Friday, August 26

Quick Update

Busy busy busy!

  • Tobias is enjoying his time at school and was excited the first time he came home with "homework". He had to cut out 10 words out of the newspaper that contained the letter "o" and paste them onto a piece of notebook paper.
  • My darling Tobias also received 2 stitches on his index finger because he cut it while using his Swiss-army knife that he received for his 7th birthday. He was being careful, but the knife closed on his finger while he was using it!
  • Connor is doing well, but has a large bruise on his chin. It seems Toby tied him up and then pushed him over to see what would happen.
  • Marianne and baby Patrick are doing well and leaving the hospital today after a week. I hope to visit them again soon.
  • I've been up to my eyeballs with several websites that I maintain for charites and friends.
    - The Basel Childbirth Trust for English-speaking families in Basel.
    - My Cards and Candles website where Melissa and I sell imported scrapbooking and paper craft products.
    - A new site I am working on for a Fasnacht (Basel's yearly Carnival) Clique here in Basel that Roger belongs to.
    - A website for the Montessori school that Connor attends.
  • I still do occasional work for my "real" employer - Perot Systems
  • Melissa and I have also been putting our heads together to come up with some great new Autumn and Winter products for Cards and Candles and preparing for a coming Parenting Fair where we will have a table set up for sales.
  • Then there are the Yahoo groups I moderate such as the Cards and Candles Craft Forum and the Basel Parenting Group.
There are lots of local fairs and parties planned for this weekend, so I'll have more pictures soon! One last bit of information - I've booked my USA trip to visit Mom and my homestate of New Jersey for late February 2006!

3 Comments:

At August 26, 2005, Blogger Alice said...

I sent an email to you and Melissa on your Cards and Candles website, but I don't think it went through. I was asking how you were faring with the floods, but as they seem to be more in the Bern area, I guess you're okay. I remember looking at all the beautiful parks along the river in Bern. Sad to think of them covered in floodwaters.

I laughed at your comment to Michelle "what on earth is a Freddo Frog?" I'll leave her to explain.

 
At August 26, 2005, Blogger Michelle said...

freddo frog http://www.cadbury.com.au

really it is cheap sugary chocolate....now how can i compare with Swiss chocolate!!!!

Glad to hear your boys have a little cousin to play with...and for you too!!

 
At August 26, 2005, Blogger Jan said...

Hey K.S,

Your alive!

So glad to hear that everyone is doing well, besides the usual childhood injuries, and mishaps.

I didn't know about your card and candle business. I'll be sure to check out your website.

You are busy!

Also, glad that Marianne and the baby are doing well. What a wonderful journey she has begun, discovering the joys of parenting, and anticipating each stage of her baby's development. It goes to fast, so remind her to enjoy every minute of it...even being wakened for feeding during the night...I used that time to pray blessings over my children.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home