Windows to our World

Wednesday, September 14

The Army - Swiss Style

My darling hubby is currently serving his last 9 days in the Swiss Army - which, by the way, is compulsary for all males in Switzerland! Ok, so we are a neutral country, what do we need an army for? Urs' job this week is to count bullet-proof vests. I spoke with him today and the conversation went something like this:
"Hi Honey, what are you doing today?"
"I'm back to counting bullet-proof vests. Just finished with counting the sunglasses."
"I thought you counted the vests a few days ago"
"We did, but we just received a new shipment of 600 vests"
"Urs, dear, if you know there are 600 vests in the shipment, why do you need to count them."
"That's what I'd like to know!!!"

Well, I suppose since we don't have wars here and all these men who are REQUIRED to do military service need something to DO, they have to make things up.

Well, at least I know he's safe!

1 Comments:

At September 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love a man in uniform!!!

Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home