Windows to our World

Sunday, July 24

Melissa's Big Day




Melissa turned the ripe age (notice I left the word "old" out) of 37 and we had a bash with all our kids. I made a yummy Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Caramel Frosting from Martha's recipe collection - thanks Martha - by adding a 1/4 cup cocoa to the batter. Because Melissa's mother-in-law brought her a cake during the day, I took the leftovers home to Urs and Fritz and it lasted all of 3 minutes.

The party was fun with lots of crafting for the kids and drinks and munchies for us moms. I can't wait until Saturday for M's Flamingo Party where the celebration will continue outdoors!

1 Comments:

At July 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I am famous now! Thanks so much for the cake, Karim, it was fabulous! Have to say though that you got the age wrong-remember I turned 27, NOT 37! All that is missing from my "kiddie party" picture is my party hat! Next year...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home